Q: When I stay idle on a low gear for a distance, the engine bogs down for a while

When I stay idle on too long while shifting around 3000 rpm, the engine light will blink and the engine will stay bogged down for a while until it releases and then runs smooth

This is a common sign of a clogged catalytic converter. As you may know, the catalytic converter takes toxic exhaust gases and converts them into less harmful gases to be expelled into the atmosphere. When this is clogged or otherwise not performing as it should, you may notice the truck bogging down and getting very poor fuel economy. This will almost always cause the check engine light to come on since the oxygen sensors will also pick up incorrect amounts of oxygen in the exhaust gases. Keep in mind that this may only be one possible cause of this. When the check engine light comes on, it is also often times due to some kind of misfire. Misfires can be caused by many things such as faulty ignition coils, fuel injectors, spark plugs, fuel system concerns, or vacuum leaks. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home or office to confirm a diagnosis on the issue and make or suggest the necessary repairs or replacements.

3. When I stay idle on a low gear for a distance, the engine bogs down for a while