Q: When should I replace a motor mount on a 2004 kia optima?

i need a front engine mount replaced on a 2004 kia optima (lx) 2.4 liter engine!..passenger side i need the "book" time to replace this .i am experiencing some vibration and noise as the engine drops down to idle speed from around 2,500 r.pm. or so.i was quoted 1 and one half hours to replace..pep boys told me the book on it was 1 hour only!..what say you?..thankyou!

also,i recently had a crankshaft timing position sensor installed in the same car,and i would like to know IF the motor mount,and the power steering pump NEED to be disassembled in order to replace this sensor? thankyou!

regards! j.taylor

Hello. The motor mounts on vehicles in general should be inspected every 50,000 miles. I’ve seen motor mounts become excessively worn on vehicles with as low as 30,000 miles so it wouldn’t be a surprise if yours are due for replacement at 60,000 miles. The main part of motor mounts and made of rubber and sometimes the rubber what the teary rate quicker than average depending on the types of elements its exposed to (heat,cold,vibrations,and rough driving are elements in which a motor mount will be exposed). I would say the book time for the motor mount replacement is about an hour and a half. I will get a quote sent to you regarding the labor cost. To replace the crankshaft position sensor yes you will have to remove the motor mount, power steering pump and the timing belt. The crankshaft position sensor should be a 2.5 to 3.5 hour job. Technicians here at Yourmechanic could provide the repairs for you if requested.

3. When should I replace a motor mount on a 2004 kia optima?