Q: What is the Radio Data System (RDS)?

What is the Radio Data System (RDS)?

A: Your Honda Accord’s audio system includes a...

Your Honda Accord’s audio system includes advanced functionality that takes advantage of modern radio broadcasting features.

• The Radio Data System (RDS) is used to display additional information about the station you’re listening to, and other information.

• This only works if the station tuned in your radio is an RDS station. If it is not, you will only see the frequency of the station (88.5, 99.7, etc.).
  • It also displays the genre/category of the station.

• You can use this system to explore other stations in the same category, or change categories (if your car isn’t equipped with XM Radio) by using the up and down arrows.
  • You can manually turn the RDS system off by pressing the button labeled “Title.”

For navigation-enabled cars, the RDS information also displays in the nav window.