Q: VVT solenoid issue/problem recurring

I have had both of the VVT solenoids replaced now, originally in 2014, then one again last July & then another one just yesterday again b/c they said the part was faulty & under warranty ... ??? And it is still acting like it doesn't want to accelerate. This is my 3rd Pathfinder, so I know how it should act when driving it & it is like it doesn't have any pick up ... Any advice would be greatly appreciated (single mother/limited income) I just had an expensive visit & had the radiator, thermostat & both major belts replaced .... $$$

Thanks :-)

Beth

Hello. Acceleration issues can be caused by many things. If you have already had the VVT solenoids replaced twice then it may be possible that the issue is related to something else, or that that the VVT issue has possibly returned. Acceleration issues can be caused by all sorts of problems ranging from issues with the vehicle’s fuel system to a problem with one of the engine’s sensors. If the check engine light is on scanning the computer for trouble codes will likely shed some light on what the issue could be. If you are unsure, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, visit your location to diagnose what the exact cause of the issue, in order to avoid any unnecessary repairs.

3. VVT solenoid issue/problem recurring