Q: Vehicle made noise and overheated

My vehicle was making a lot of noise, so I went back home. When I got there, I lost all of the radiator fluid.

Hello. Generally, that noise could be from several issues related to losing coolant. First, visually inspect the engine compartment for external damage to the radiator; the engine fan may have been hitting it. You can fill up the coolant to run the engine, and watch where the coolant is leaking from. Second, the water pump bearing or impeller may have failed, causing a leak on the shaft of the water pump. Sometimes, you can simply wiggle the pulley on the water pump to determine if it is worn-out.

Obviously, you could have a hose failure, but that is seldom related to a noise. If you cannot determine the source of the coolant loss, then take your vehicle to a qualified specialist to properly diagnose the cause of your coolant leak, and recommend the best path to repair.