Q: Used a OBD II and it came up as P0302 and it has check engine light on, trans temp, OD Off what does all this mean ?

Used an OBD II scan tool and P0302 detected on tool, and it also has check engine light on, trans temp, OD Off ALL mean ? Help

A: Hi there: The P-0302 OBD-II code is an ind...

Hi there:

The P-0302 OBD-II code is an indicator that cylinder 2 is misfiring and is not getting the necessary spark to its spark plug. When any error code is triggered, it will illuminate the check engine light. Some of the possible causes of this issue may include a defective spark plug, faulty cam or crankshaft sensor, clogged ERG valve or defective fuel injectors. Due to the multiple possible causes, you might want to have a professional mechanic complete a check engine light inspection so they can download any other stored error codes that could help them pinpoint the source of your engine problems.