Q: turned it off was running hot went to start turns over but wont start

cranks but wont start

Without knowing the exact model and engine you have, it’s hard to give any guidance on a diagnosis. However it does sound like you may have overheated the engine to the point you warped the cylinder heads or blew the head gaskets, and lost compression in the engine. In order to make a thorough and accurate diagnosis, the car would need to be inspected by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. turned it off was running hot went to start turns over but wont start