Q: Truck won't start mechanic said it was the alarm first then jumped to the engine control computer

I took my truck for a transmission warranty after my tranny missed gears. I drove it and 3,600 miles later it didn't shift gears. 3 weeks later after the mechanic finishes with my transmission he tells me the truck doesn't want to start, first he said most likely the viper alarm then he supposedly bypassed the alarm with his friend now it's the engine control module needs to be replaced. I'm stuck, I don't trust him. He said he can send the unit to Los Angeles to be fixed $350 plus shipping $50 to and from plus $125 for the dealer to program it and his work which he charges $100 per hour ugh I'm very confused and suffering from depression because of this. Any help I'd appreciate it, thanks

Hi, thanks for writing in. I would recommend informing the technician who serviced your vehicle that the vehicle started just fine before the transmission was serviced and that any issues that occurred afterwards would most likely be due to his workmanship. I would request that the technician resolve the issues that are causing your vehicle not to start free of charge due to the fact that it is most likely their fault. If they refuse, I would recommend speaking with an attorney as long as this mechanic works for an actual shop rather than an independent person. It would be very difficult to tell why the vehicle would not start without being aware of everything that the previous mechanic had done to the vehicle. Hope this helps and best of luck.

• Truck won't start mechanic said it was the alarm first then jumped to the engine control computer