Q: Truck not going into four-wheel drive

My truck will not go into four-wheel drive. The switch is not coming on.

There are several things that can go wrong with the system on a Blazer. The switch is a part of the system and can possibly not be making good contact. There is a motor on the transfer case that engages the 4 wheel drive that can also fail. This is not very common but it does happen. Lastly the electronic actuator in the differential can also fail, causing it not to go into 4 wheel drive. The actuator is what locks the front differential when you activate the 4x4. Actuator failure is quite common. I suggest seeking help from a qualified mechanic to help you with this issue.

3. Truck not going into four-wheel drive