Q: Transmission will drive in first and reverse but shift to second or third it won't go.

Not really like limp mode. Will go all day in 1st or reverse. Shift to 2 or drive and when it goes to upshift it goes to neutral and loses first gear. Reverse still fine. Shut off car, restart, first gear restored. Installed new solenoid and input output sensors (ebay junk I suppose). No change. Checked continuity from TCM plug to Solenoid and all four sensors, all ok.

Hi there. If you have taken the time to replace the sensors and no change occurred, it’s quite possible that the issue is internal within the transmission. It could be something as simple as a clogged transmission fluid line or a major component failure that’s causing this issue. I would recommend having a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to shift gears inspection; to they can help you diagnose the issue and recommend the right repairs.

3. Transmission will drive in first and reverse but shift to second or third it won't go.