Q: Transmission not shifting right on a '96 GMC Jimmy

I have a '96 GMC Jimmy 4.3 with a 1.60 E transmission not shifting right between first and second but I have to rev to 500 to get to third and fourth. What do you think? All the fluids are correct.

At that age I’m amazed it’s still running. It probably needs an overhaul. But do what I always tell people with those things, change out a quart of transmission fluid and put in one quart of Lucas anti-slip additive and drive it 250 miles. Sometimes that helps. If it doesn’t, odds are that the transmission needs to be rebuilt with it being that old.