Q: Transmission not shifting right on a '96 GMC Jimmy

I have a '96 GMC Jimmy 4.3 with a 1.60 E transmission not shifting right between first and second but I have to rev to 500 to get to third and fourth. What do you think? All the fluids are correct.

A: At that age I'm amazed it's still r...

At that age I'm amazed it's still running. It probably needs an overhaul. But do what I always tell people with those things, change out a quart of transmission fluid and put in one quart of Lucas anti-slip additive and drive it 250 miles. Sometimes that helps. If it doesn't, odds are that the transmission needs to be rebuilt with it being that old.