Q: Transmission

I just changed tranny fluid 3 months ago. Haven't driven a great deal but a few days ago I took it out and I notice it didn't want to shift gears. Don't think it even went to second but for sure not 3rd or fourth. It also shifts hard into gears when I move Manually into reverse and D. What can be my problem? Thanks!

A: When you changed the fluid with the new flu...

When you changed the fluid with the new fluid, transmission debris that built up over time is breaking loose and blocking the small passages in the valve body of the transmission, causing the shifting problems. Your transmission may need to be overhauled since the clutch materials are coming apart inside of the clutch packs of the transmission, only a complete overhaul can fix the problem. I'd recommend having the vehicle checked out by a certified technician, they will be able to accurately diagnose your shifting issue firsthand.