Q: The car hesitates and jerks during quick acceleration

Hello. I've taken my car to several mechanics and to the dealer, to try and fix the issue I've been having. The car runs fine at steady speeds but as soon as I try to accelerate quickly, my car starts hesitating for a couple of seconds. When I try to pass the car for instance, I give it gas and the car chokes until it manages to pick up speed. The car has gone 120,000 miles and has automatic transmission. Can you give me some advice please?

It sounds like you may be experiencing an issue with your fuel system. The fuel pressure regulator is one of the parts responsible for maintaining your fuel pressure at all rates of engine speed. Most fuel pressure regulators are controlled by engine vacuum. It is possible that your fuel pressure regulator has failed or the vacuum line that connects to it is leaking. I would consider the vacuum leak more likely considering that engines produce less, vacuumed at higher RPMs. I would recommend having your fuel pressure regulator as well as the rest of your fuel system inspected by a qualified technician. Ensure that this job is performed by a professional, such as one from YourMechanic as fuel can be very dangerous. If you are looking to solve this problem, I recommend a mechanic from YourMechanic to inspect and diagnose why your engine hesitates, during acceleration.