Q: Suspension swap - 2005 Cadillac Escalade

Hi. I have an 05 Cadillac Escalade AWD 5.3L Vortec. Is it possible to change the factory airshocks to conventional shock absorbers, and if so will I lose ride quality and get a code error from suspension. If I have to replace them with OEM air shocks would I have to replace the compressor unit too?. The reason I'm asking is because I was planning on buying Belltech 2/3 drop shocks. Any tips,help or advice would be great. Thank you.

Hello - yes, it is possible, and indeed a common modification, to swap out the air ride suspension on this model for conventional suspension. In fact, several auto suspension suppliers make conversion kits to do just this. As you have already discovered, the Cadillac owner forums have a wealth of information from owners who have made this conversion. I would defer to their experiences as to which conversions yield the driving "feel" you are looking for - ride height, ride stiffness, etc. Good luck with your conversion!