Q: Supportive bar attached to brake pedal interrupts proper braking process

The way the bar is attached to the brake pedal seems like a serious flaw in the design of this brake pedal system. Also, they designed the brake pedal pad much too small. When I need to press the brake pedal, my foot hits the supportive metal bar instead of the brake pedal which delays my braking process. Several times this has caused near misses of the car in front of me. Also, the bar is attached to the right outside of the brake pedal which affects the way the foot moves from the gas pedal to the brake pedal. My foot can be blocked from accessing the brake pedal due to the supportive bar. This is a very serious and dangerous design and causing me continual problems. Is there anything that I can do to somehow alter this so that I will be able to brake more safely?

It’s possible to have someone alter the brake pedal or adapt a brake pedal from a different vehicle. You may call around to some customization shops to see if anyone is interested in taking on the project. But first, I would try reaching out to the selling dealer with your concern - especially since it is a new model. Good luck.

• Supportive bar attached to brake pedal interrupts proper braking process