Q: Stereo turns on but there's no sound.

When I turn on the radio display reads cal err and after theres no sound coming from the speakers at all just wondering if theres a quick fix or idea

Hi there, thanks for writing in. It sounds like you may have a fault with either the radio head unit or the amplifier. Check all the fuses and replace as necessary. The stereo amplifier may have developed an internal fault and may be inoperative and causing the radio to display the code.

Check for voltage and ground at the amplifier to eliminate a possible open circuit and continue inspection for an input signal to the amplifier and output to the speakers.

I strongly suggest acquiring a qualified technician to perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. YourMechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a radio inspection.

3. Stereo turns on but there's no sound.