Q: Steering wheel pump leaking fluid

I noticed that my power steering wheel pump was starting to leak fluid, so I replaced it with a new pump. But then my new pump started to leak, too. Do you know what could be causing this to happen?

A leak at the shaft seal or the pump body is obvious, but if the leak is somewhere else there is a fairy quick way to find where the leak is coming from. Clean the area very well with an aerosol solvent like brake cleaner, in a very very well ventilated area. Many auto parts stores sell a uv dye you can add to the fluid and you can see eve the slightest leaks using this method. If you would like to have this done, have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic detect the cause the power steering fluid leak and guide with repairs.