Q: Steering wheel is hard to turn but turns back straight easily

I know I need rear hub essemly and bearing replaced on one side. This evening was driving up hill and heard a loud pop and instantly the stearing became very hard when turning a left or right. It drives straight and small curves easily no humming or squeaks in stearing while driving. What could it be? Checked power atearing fluid and it was at right level.

Hi there:

It’s possible that you’re power steering pump might be faulty or perhaps damage to steering components such as tie rods, or steering column. Due to the fact that there are multiple mechanical components that might be causing the issues you’re having with your Mazda, it’s a good idea to contact a mobile mechanic and have them complete a steering wheel is hard to turn inspection; so they can pinpoint the source of your problems and recommend the right repairs.