Q: starting problems

when my truck is on an incline, the starter just grinds and will not start. As soon as I can get off the incline, it starts.

The starter motor may have too much end play and/or there could be an alignment problem with the starter motor relative to the starter ring gear on the flexplate. In any event, it sounds like a mechanical problem, not an electrical problem, and so the starter will have to be removed to diagnose this fault. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a starter motor inspection/diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. starting problems