Q: Started Three days a go. When I drive the car it doesn't go in to gears but shows AT.

When I put the gear to R to drive back, as soon as I release my foot of the break it makes a big shaky move but drives back. When I put the gear to D to drive forward and push gas it doesn't go quick. It takes some time to start driving. It drives OK after that. When I put the Car on D, R, N, or P, it show AT but not D, R, N, or P.

This kind of reaction is often a sign of low transmission fluid or a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. This type of problem is amplified any time the transmission is low on fluid creating a drop in hydraulic pressure. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

• Started Three days a go. When I drive the car it doesn't go in to gears but shows AT.