Q: Squeaking noise at higway speeds

While driving at higher speeds, the car would start making this squeaking noise. It happens at 75-80 mph and is coming from outside of the vehicle. The wheel are functioning fine according to the computer. What could be the problem?

Hello. This can be caused by a number of things. Most of the time it is caused by an issue with the exhaust. The exhaust hangers start to bind at higher speeds causing the noise. It can also come from the suspension if it has a worn out bushing. I usually inspect these areas first on this vehicle. If you need to have it looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the squeaking noise and take the proper next actions to resolve this issue.

3. Squeaking noise at higway speeds