Q: Should I replace the engine on my 2008 Pontiac G6 3.5l The transmission has 99000 miles

asked by on February 22, 2018

I was driving on the highway when my oil light came on for about 10 seconds in the car lost all power mechanic told me I need a new engine is it worth to replace on that car with that amount of mileage and how much should I pay for an engine I have a $3000 loan on it still

I would recommend comparing the cost of the engine replacement to the value of the vehicle. If the cost of the engine replacement exceeds the value of the vehicle with its current mileage, I would recommend against replacing the engine as you would be way under water on the vehicle afterwards. If an engine can be replaced for $1,000 or less including labor it may be a good idea but if it will cost several thousand to replace the engine it may not be worth it.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr