Q: Should I get my exhaust under coated or is that not s good think to do since it gets hot and I should just leave it alone? Ford F150

I have a Ford F-150 with surface rust on my exhaust should I get it under coated or is that a bad idea since it gets hot and just leave it the way it is

Hi there - I would NOT have the exhaust system sprayed with anything - undercoating or rustproofing. Many of these compounds are petroleum based, and will ignite when they get hot enough. Most exhaust systems today are made of either galvanized steel, or stainless steel, and they will last quite a long time from a corrosion-resistance point of view. Best to just let them be. If the exhaust system is scraped, cut or the rust-proof coating is damaged, it can be hand-painted with a cold-galvanizing paint or spray-on rust-proof paint to preserve it.

3. Should I get my exhaust under coated or is that not s good think to do since it gets hot and I should just leave it alone? Ford F150