Q: Security system

asked by on July 27, 2016

My security light keeps flashing I don't have the master key so I had a chipkey made. The car will try to crank but it want start. Like when I dissconnected my battery the alarm doesn't sound when I connect it back. Also the ignition want read the key I had made.

The chip key will not work unless it was programmed to work on your 2001 Toyota Solara. You will have to have the key reprogrammed to work with your car or the anti-theft system will not be turned off. You may have to get vehicle to a dealer to reprogram it. I suggest having two keys programmed at the same time in order to have a spare.