Q: Running on 3 cylinders?

My sidekick is only running on 3 cylinder, lots of white smoke, gas fumes, dripping at tailpipe. Tested for head gasket,tests were good. Changed injector,plugs,plug wires,got spark in cylinder its just not firing?

A: Hi. If you are losing coolant over time, it...

Hi. If you are losing coolant over time, it is still possible that you have a cracked cylinder head or block that that is leaking coolant into one of the cylinders. A leak-down test should show that the cylinder is not holding pressure (vs. a simple compression test). I would recommend having an engine is misfiring inspection completed by a mobile professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic. They will be able to diagnose this problem, get an accurate assessment of damage, and give you a cost estimate for repairs.