Q: RPMs increase at traffic light with foot on clutch

This has happened two different times: when I was at a traffic light, the RPMs increased. I don’t have any warning lights on my dashboard either before or after this happens. My car won’t move forward when this happens since my foot is on the clutch. I went to the dealership, but they couldn’t duplicate this. Can you tell me what is causing this to happen? Thanks.

Hi there. We will be happy to help with your 2005 Honda S2000. The surging you are experiencing is very likely a result from a stuck rotary air valve inside of the idle air control valve. This is a common problem that many S2000 owners have encountered. Cleaning out the idle air control valve should bring the driving condition back to normal. If you want to have this looked at by an expert, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your RPM issue.

3. RPMs increase at traffic light with foot on clutch