Q: Transmission problem?

I had the same problem three weeks ago that I do now. The car ran fine both incidents and was then put in to park for a few minutes. I put the car in drive and the rpms drop down and will not accelerate. I replaced the battery last time and the car was fine until now and it's doing the exact same thing. The only thing I thought of that would kill the battery like that is the alternator but a bad alternator would not let the new battery last almost a month. Looking online I see it could be transmission related. (Car is automatic)

Hi There, This may be a sign of low transmission fluid or a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. This type of problem is amplified any time the transmission is low on fluid creating a drop in hydraulic pressure.