Q: Rough idling and shaking very bad at low rpm's.

asked by on November 23, 2016

Truck will start up great and normal, run great. Next it will start up normal and then go to a very low rpm/idle and shake very badly. When driving at a lower rpm it has the same effect, very bad shakes as if it's not getting fuel. This is not an all the time occurrence, only every now and then will this happen. What could be the possible issue. Thank you, Ralph.

Hi there. Check the fuel pump relay to see if its activating. This sounds as if the fuel pump relay is having an intermittent sticking off condition. The relay may be getting too hot and shutting off causing the pump not to turn on allowing your engine to starve its self from fuel. Replace the relay if you find it not working properly. If you need further assistance with your engine running rough an intermittent occasions, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.