Q: Rapid clicking from starter full charged battery, good starter, good clutch switch, don't know where to go next. 76 nova

Cannot get engine to turn over or crank. Put in new battery with a constant power supply car rapidly clicked. Pulled starter and tested gear comes out and spins. Checked to make sure that crank would spin freely it does. Clutch switch works as it won't try without clutch depressed have full 12v from battery to starter tried jumping starter with the same results. Pulled spark plugs to ease the compression. Have no idea where to go next

Rapid clicking is most likely from a defective starter or low battery voltage. Try jump starting to see if it helps and then check voltage at starter solenoid to see if it gets constant voltage when cranking or trying to crank. If voltage is constant then replace starter.

3. Rapid clicking from starter full charged battery, good starter, good clutch switch, don't know where to go next. 76 nova