Q: Radiator and transmission acting up

My car is burning antifreeze every day and the transmission is acting up.

The cause of a car burning antifreeze is the head gasket. The car probably ran hot and warped the head causing the head gasket to allow water to pass into the cylinder. A way to see the sign of a blown head gasket is to look at the oil dipstick and you may see a milking gunk built up on the edge of the dipstick. If this is the case, you will have to determine if fixing it is worth it considering the age of the car or if it is best to just get a new car. Sometimes when water is allowed in the oil it will wear out other parts on the vehicle such as main bearings and piston rod bearings. So it may not be as easy as just replacing the head gasket. You will have to have the engine completely rebuilt.