Q: Possible slipping clutch? When in 2Nd or 3Rd I give it a bit of acceleration and the motor revs really high before engaging.

I have a 1997 ae101 corolla with a 4age engine conversion when in 2Nd or 3Rd the engine revs really high before engaging. It's happened before but came good after a couple of days

Hi there. If the engine is revving high without the vehicle moving much then it is typically caused by a slipping clutch. I usually check the hydraulics first just to make sure that nothing is binding or hanging up keeping the clutch applied. If it is not then the clutch itself is failing. If you want to have the vehicle inspected to see if it needs a clutch, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the clutch system.

• Possible slipping clutch? When in 2Nd or 3Rd I give it a bit of acceleration and the motor revs really high before engaging.