Q: Opinion on PIAA blades

Do PIAA blades make rain beat up on windshield? I'm trying to decide if they are worth the higher cost.

Yes, to some extent they do because they are silicon. If you have silicon blades, some of the silicon wipes on the windshield. That’s why they last so long. Because then they are wiping on the silicon, which is a lubricant.

These wipers do last longer. There is no argument there. However, they do beat up the windshield somewhat. If you really want to do it right, I know Rain-X sells a silicon application that you buy, and once in a while you apply it on your windshield and buff it off and that really does work. You’ve got to do it every once in a while, but it really makes it beat up and the wipers last longer and work better.

3. Opinion on PIAA blades