Q: Oil leak and bad front hood

Oil is leaking from my car, and the front hood doesn't close properly.

Hello! The gaskets on a 1995 Accord will commonly leak oil are the distributor O-ring gasket, the valve cover gasket, or the oil pan gasket. All three of those gaskets will encounter leakage in old age. It would be best to have a well trained technician thoroughly inspect each gasket for leakage to determine which one is at fault.

The hood problem must be diagnosed in person. It is likely due to a hood latch malfunction, which is an easy repair. However, if the structure of the hood itself is compromised it will need an evaluation from a body repair shop.

3. Oil leak and bad front hood