Q: off road rav4 2000 vs honda crv 2001 which one would be more suited from the two brand

hi there i am wonddering whic is better off road vehicle between the toyota rav4 2000 vs honda crv 2001 which one would be more suited from the two brands and which gen is best i know that they are not made for that purpose but which one is better suited for it thanks My car has a manual transmission. rav4: Engine: 2.0 L 4-cylinder Towing capacity: 1,500 lbs Curb weight: 2,844 lbs Transmission: 5-speed manual Horsepower: 127 hp @ 5,400 rpm

honda :

2001 Honda CR-V EX Manual SUV Horsepower: 146 hp @ 6,200 rpm Towing capacity: 1,000 lbs Engine: 2.0 L 4-cylinder Curb weight: 3,219 lbs Transmission: 5-speed manual

which vehicle is more robust overall and thus will be damaged less?

Neither of these vehicles are designed for harsh off road use and more designed for slippery roads. The 4x4 is not considered very robust on either model. If I had to chose one or the other for off road use then I would chose the lighter and shorter Rav4.

Hi there. Thanks for submitting your question today. Unfortunately, there is no good answer here that we can offer. Crossover SUV’s are not intended for off road use, as their suspension is more similar to a passenger car than a Jeep or off-road vehicle. Both suspension set ups on these two vehicles are fragile, as are steering components, tires, brakes and engine / transmission mounts. Our advice is to NOT use these vehicles for off-road use, but to look into a more robust vehicle intended for that use.

3. off road rav4 2000 vs honda crv 2001 which one would be more suited from the two brand