Q: Not starting not battery/starter

My BMW Roadster wouldn’t start today, so I had it towed to the repair shop. The mechanic said he couldn't figure out what's wrong. But he knows it wasn’t the battery or the starter. Then I though maybe it’s the ignition not recognizing the key. Do you know what this possibly could be? I really need my car fixed ASAP.

Hello. It could be a key that needs reprogramming but it also may be a faulty neutral safety switch or a blown fuse somewhere. Have a different technician take a look at the vehicle and inspect the key behavior and fuse condition.

Being that the vehicle will not start, you may benefit from a mobile automotive repair service such as YourMechanic. They will effectively diagnose your starting issue and repair your vehicle at a rate lower than most auto shops. Good luck!