Q: Not Starting/ No Spark... Changed plugs, wires, coil still NOTHING. Help Please.

I purchased a used car from a private party recently. It was working fine on the way back home. Got the valve gasket changed. The car had a misfire in cylinder 3 and jerked a bit but i thought it was bc one of my engine mounts was bad so i had that changed. About 2 weeks in the car started to idle on me while on the highway and the check engine light started blinking and it started to slow down. I pulled over to the side and let the car sit for a lil. Tried to turn it back on and it wasnt cranking. The crank kept dying down till when I turned the key all the way and it didnt make a crank sound at all. I had it towed to a mechanic nearby and found out the car also has an aftermarket remote starter/car alarm in it. Also whoever put it in didnt do a great job and didnt solder anything they only entwined the wires. After bringing it home I followed a diagram and removed the bad wires and putting butt connectors on the affected wires. I am not getting any spark..

A: Hi there. You’ll need to check the ECM data...

Hi there. You’ll need to check the ECM data to see if there are codes and also to see if the camshaft and crankshaft sensor are sending signal to the ECM. If one is not working, then replace the faulty sensor. If you’d like help having this looked at, enlist a qualified professional, like one from YourMechanic, to come to your location for an inspection of the no start and assistance with the correct repair.