Q: Noise when it is in motion, Told is was a wheel bearing, but it does not shake.

Noise when it is in motion, ever since we bought it in January 2016. Told is was a wheel bearing recently, but it does not shake.

Hi there, thanks for writing in. Contrary to popular belief, a worn out wheel bearing doesn’t always have to shake. In fact, the shaking often occurs when the wheel bearing is damaged. The noise occurs when the wheel bearing is beginning to lose lubrication. As it creates more heat inside the hub, the noises will increase. A good idea is to have one of our mechanics inspect the wheel bearings to see if they are starting to wear out. Being proactive about wheel bearing replacement can save you a lot of money in the long run. Here at YourMechanic, we can have a technician come to your home or office to perform service on your wheel bearings for you, and replace it if necessary.

• Noise when it is in motion, Told is was a wheel bearing, but it does not shake.