Q: No voice commands, requires manual use

There are no voice commands in my car’s navigation system. For example, it does not have: “resume guidance, suspend guidance, cancel guidance,” etc. To turn it off, I have to turn the navigation manually while the car is in motion. This is dangerous and distracting because it requires my manually entering the commands and I have to watch the display. We have older model Lexus cars and they do have voice commands. I don’t understand why this one does not. It can be such a hazard during driving. Can you tell me if there is a way that I can install a navigation system that has voice commands in my model Lexus?

Hi there, thank you for asking about your 2013 Lexus RX450h. If your Lexus dealer is unable to help you, contact Fujitsu Ten/Eclipse. They make the navigation system hardware for Toyota/Lexus. They may already offer an upgrade to get voice commands, or point you to an aftermarket supplier who does.

3. No voice commands, requires manual use