Q: No voice commands, requires manual use

There are no voice commands in my car’s navigation system. For example, it does not have: “resume guidance, suspend guidance, cancel guidance,” etc. To turn it off, I have to turn the navigation manually while the car is in motion. This is dangerous and distracting because it requires my manually entering the commands and I have to watch the display. We have older model Lexus cars and they do have voice commands. I don’t understand why this one does not. It can be such a hazard during driving. Can you tell me if there is a way that I can install a navigation system that has voice commands in my model Lexus?

A: Hi there, thank you for asking about your 2...

Hi there, thank you for asking about your 2013 Lexus RX450h. If your Lexus dealer is unable to help you, contact Fujitsu Ten/Eclipse. They make the navigation system hardware for Toyota/Lexus. They may already offer an upgrade to get voice commands, or point you to an aftermarket supplier who does.