Q: No start

My girlfriend has an alero with the 6 cylinder she got out of school it started right up she went to her moms went in for 10 minutes and came back out and had to crank it and stop about 5 times she said then it finally started up

There are many causes of hard starting but illustrative ones are a faulty engine coolant temperature switch (sensor), EGR system problems, large vacuum leaks, a faulty idle air control valve, worn spark plugs, inadequate fuel delivery or pressure (clogged fuel filter), and contaminated or old gasoline. To resolve the issue that you are writing in about, please request a hard start diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.