Q: Nissan Altima - Electrical issue

Hello. My 2013 Nissan Altima is a 3.6L. It currently has 32k miles. I have had multiple issues with and has been at the dealership for 6 and a half weeks as of today. They have replaced multiple things and the issue still remains. I got my car back and we have had to take it back 3 times already. The following has been replaced by the dealership, I spoke to them this morning and they still do not know what could be the issue. Alternator replaced 3 times, earth cable, ground wire and battery have been replaced. Before I left with the car, they checked the alternator voltage and the battery and they were both good. However, when the following day when I was driving on the interstate, I had the emergency break light come on and the battery light. when I talked to them this morning they said they still do not know what is wrong with the vehicle as the lights coming on for me, are not registering in the cars computer.

Hi there:

Typically the dealership is the best place to diagnose electrical system problems; however, if they are unable to find out why the alternator has been replaced three times, it’s probably better to have a mobile mechanic complete an electrical system inspection to begin the diagnostic process. Sometimes an independent mechanic’s inspection can find issues that stump the dealership.