Q: My car cut out just before said check injection on dash now won't start or nothing just whines over like the battery was dying

Was driving along the other day came up on dash saying check injection and cut out now it won't start starter just whines no turnover what could this be cars not seized or nothing what could this be

A: In order to provide a more thorough answer,...

In order to provide a more thorough answer, we will need more information on the type of vehicle and engine. In general terms though, when you try to start the car and only hear the starter whining, it could be a failed starter solenoid, not engaging the starter gear before turning it. It’s also very possible that the timing belt broke, causing the engine to die and lose compression. When a motor with no compression turns, it sounds like the starter is spinning on it’s own. If you want to have this checked out in person, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose and repair the starting issue.