My VDC light came on the other day while snowing and has ...

Q: My VDC light came on the other day while snowing and has not went off even while driving on dry road

My VDC light came on the other day when it snowed yet it has not cut off while driving on the dry roads. What is my problem and how can I fix the problem because the car jerks badly while driving

VDC, or Vehicle Dynamic Control, is Nissan’s proprietary system to maximize traction and help stabilize the vehicle during cornering if the car turns more or less than desired. VDC also assists you in maintaining traction while accelerating on loose or slippery road surfaces. The reason you are seeing the warning light continuously is there is a fault somewhere in the complex sensor system that makes the system work by regulating the engine’s output and selectively applying braking. There are wheel speed sensors, brake pressure modulators, interconnecting wiring and sensors, the control computer and so forth all of which are subject to malfunction. VDC is an essential vehicle safety system and consequently you should definitely have the fault in the system pinpointed and repaired by a professional. The recommended service to do that is a VDC/traction control system diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you promptly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.