Q: My oil light keep combing on

asked by on October 27, 2016

When the car is cold the light will not come when car get hot the light come on

Oil Pressure Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The oil pressure light on indicates a drop in oil pressure. A cold engine with cold oil will generally have higher oil pressure because the cold oil is thicker. Once the oil warms up, it can get thinner and cause a drop in oil pressure.

This is generally normal with any engine, but if the pressure is low enough to cause the oil light to come on, an inspection of the oil pressure light by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, should be performed. Causes can range from simply a bad oil pressure switch to a weak/worn oil pump.