Q: My MIL light came on and stayed on for about 2 weeks then went off

My MIL light came on for about 2 or 3 weeks then went off, what does that mean?

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hey there. When the computer detects a problem it will turn on the Check Engine Light and stores a code in the memory. If the problem is intermittent and only happened that one time then after a certain amount of ignition off and on cycles from engine off time of more than about 6 to 8 hours, the computer can turn off the Check Engine Light. The problem is no longer active. You could still scan the engine computer to see what the code is stored in the computer memory to get an idea of what caused the Check Engine Light to come on in the first place.

3. My MIL light came on and stayed on for about 2 weeks then went off