Q: My headlights came on and drained my battery I put a new battery in and my headlights still wouldn't go off I took out the bulb an

Last night my headlights came on and I couldn't turn them off. The next day I got a new battery installed it and the headlights still wouldn't go off. My turn signal also wouldn't turn off. I took out the headlight bulb and the bulb was smoking almost on fire. The car is driving fine it's not stalling. What could've made my headlights just turn on and burn out.

The common thread between the headlights and the signal lights is the combination switch. The combination switch controls your signal lights, turns the headlights on and off, as well as controls the high beam function. Most like;y the switch or wiring to the switch has an electrical short. This can cause constant power going to the functions the switch controls. While the combination switch is the most likely cause, wiring can also be a problem so I suggest having a certified technician look into the lights staying on to determine if there is a wiring issue before replacing any components. If the combination switch is found to be the culprit, the technician can replace it for you.

3. My headlights came on and drained my battery I put a new battery in and my headlights still wouldn't go off I took out the bulb an