Q: My exhaust had a lot of white smoke coming from it since yesterday, its losing water from reservoir, any suggestions? It's an 02 C

My car had been rough idling worse than usual lately, ever since sparkplugs and wires were changed, about 3 wks ago, then yesterday morn. there was heavy white smoke coming from the exhaust, even after driving a while, checked water , it's low, added water, and it keeps disappearing quickly . Its temp is staying mostly at halfway mark but has gone a bit over when driving slower,the Malibu has always seemed to do that though but I'm definitely worried about that with it losing water so quickly.Also when plugs were changed one had been stuck , if that could be a problem, maybe

Hello. This engine has a history of issues with losing coolant and overheating. The most common cause if this is the intake manifold gasket leaking coolant into the engine allowing the coolant to enter the combustion chamber and burn off. Most of the time if it is caught early enough you can prevent further damage to the engine. If it gets bad enough it can cause damage to the head gasket which will be a much more extensive and expensive repair. If you want to have this looked at further, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the engine is losing coolant] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/coolant-is-leaking-inspection

3. My exhaust had a lot of white smoke coming from it since yesterday, its losing water from reservoir, any suggestions? It's an 02 C