Q: My engine's oil is burning fast

oil is burning fast. it saying we need more oil before the appointment to get the oil change. the type of oil we use is synthetic oil the oil consumption test came back fine.

The amount of oil used by an engine during the combustion process is expected to be about 1 quart of oil for every 1000 miles or less. Some manufacturers even say that 1 quart of oil for every 750 miles is normal. An oil consumption test will start with a fresh oil change and then you would return to get the oil level checked and topped off every 1000 miles. If after 1000 miles you have to add more than a quart of oil, then the technician may confirm that the engine is using excessive amounts of oil. Using excessive oil would most likely result from the piston oil control and compression rings allowing too much oil to get past them into the combustion chamber and escape out of the exhaust. To fix this problem, the engine will need to have the pistons removed and the rings replaced. Consider contacting a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to accurately diagnose your oil consumption problem.