Q: My engine is shaking and making a loud ticking noise. When I’m driving up hills the noise stops. Oh , and there’s smoke coming fro

One day I was driving on the highway and it felt like something slipped then the car starting putting and making a ticking noise. Oil has been added since the light came on. But the car starts smoking anytime I drive it and makes the loud ticking noise and shakes.

The engine should be inspected to determine the cause of the noise and the smoking. However, if the oil pressure warning light came on, the engine might have been damaged due to inadequate lubrication. The present smoke may be due to oil burning as an excess amount of oil escapes from worn engine bearings and finds its way into the combustion chambers. If the smoke is bluish, that is likely what is happening. My suggestion is that you just request an engine noise diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will deal with all the issues, and then the mechanic will let you know of your repair options and costs. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My engine is shaking and making a loud ticking noise. When I’m driving up hills the noise stops. Oh , and there’s smoke coming fro