Q: My engine is stuck and will not turn.

I have a ford fiesta fliar, 1997model with an endura engine. Here it is, I ask a local mechanic to fix my clutch. A week there after, he towed mycar and told me the engine was stuck. We did take the gearbox out again and try to see if the problem was there, but I couldn't even turn the engine with my hand. What can I do to fix it?

Hi there. How did you determine that the engine is stuck? Is it seized and will not turn over? If the engine is seized, then there is little hope. Did you use a breaker bar and socket to attempt to turn the engine via the crank pulley? If you did and it would not turn, this is typical of a seized engine and the only repair would be to replace the engine. Why did you have the clutch replaced? Was it replaced by the mechanic? If they replaced it, why didn’t they notice that the engine would not turn? What happened before you decided to have the clutch replaced? Did the engine stop running? There are a lot of unknowns. However, as stated before, if the engine will not turn even with the spark plugs removed, then there is internal engine damage and replacing the engine assembly is the only recourse you have available short of purchasing another vehicle. Unfortunately, Your Mechanic does not offer engine replacement services.

3. My engine is stuck and will not turn.