Q: My car looses power everytime I start my ac. It almost dies whenever I turn the ac knob in the on possition.

Hi, I have a 300zx Twin Turbo. It has 99K miles and run perfectly as long as I do not turn my ac on. As soon as I turn my ac, it will make some squealing noise and the car looses power to the point where it almost dies. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi there. It sounds like the AC compressor is locked up. When you turn on the AC or defroster the compressor is commanded on. With the compressor locked up the belt will squeal and the engine will struggle to maintain idle and may stall. Why the compressor is doing this, only a proper inspection can answer. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a loud squeal noise when the AC is turned on inspection.

3. My car looses power everytime I start my ac. It almost dies whenever I turn the ac knob in the on possition.